Friday, October 12, 2012

Obento

Happy Friday!! Friday is my favorite day now that it's the last day of my daughter's school for a week. She only goes twice a week, Thursday and Friday, but even only for two days a week, it's little stressful.

Why?

Well, I like the fact that she goes to school and play with her new friends. And now she likes it! But I am under pressure that she has to go to bed early, and get up early for the school. I HATE IT when my husband messes up the schedule!

Anyways, today after school, I won't have the stress until next Wednesday!!


On Thursday, she brings two kinds of vegetable to school. And they chop them together and make yummy soup together.

On Friday, they make honey buns.

And she gets out of school at 12:45.

Does she need lunch? Um.. I don't think so.. but she is supposed to bring lunch to school.

I was happy that she had to, though. I've always dreamed of making my child a lunch box. I think it's a Japanese thing..

I have to wake up little bit early for this, but it's worth it!! Because my daughter loves it <3 <3 <3








16 comments:

  1. Love the lunch boxes. So cute and look tasty. You're a good mom. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lily!
      It's her first year, and we never had anyone watch her before, so I was freaking out. lol She did okay in the first week, but she cried second week and third week, she was sick, and the fourth week, she cried really hard. But on Friday, right before I hand her into the teacher's arm, she stopped crying, told me she will work hard at school. Well, she said it in Japanese, so I don't know the exact word in English. I was touched, and had to cry after I left the classroom.
      Since then, she wakes up in the morning, and changes her clothes, and leave home holding my hand.
      I want her to remember that I love her so very much when she open her lunch. She is excited about her lunch now and I can't let her down! :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Keiko,

      Aw, you are a wonderful mom. both of you are really lucky. So cute. I never made lunch like that for my kids. I wanted to but bringing thermos to school isn't cool you see. LOL. So I wish I knew you back then so I can take your lunch box ideas. You are so creative and your daughter will have wonderful memories of her school days!!! Sweet.

      Delete
    3. Lily, thank you <3
      It'd be harder if it's 5days a week, though.. I have to think what to make all the time!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. When I make them, I think of my daughter's smile :)

      Delete
  3. I feel like such a bad mom. I pack my daughter chicken nuggets and Goldfish crackers every day. Your lunches look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, please don't feel that way!
      It's kind of Japanese tradition to make these lunch boxes. I remember making my own lunch boxes when I was in junior high. My mom had a job, so I made my own everyday! So I guess I am used to it!

      Delete
  4. oh my goodness--these are fabulous! is there some sort of tutorial online that could teach me to do this?! my daughter would love to open her lunchbox and see this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. um.. not sure but there is a Japanese community site (like facebook) that bunch of Japanese moms sharing lunch photos. I'll share more photos of my daughter's lunch again sometimes!

      Delete
    2. thanks, keiko! and here i thought i was so clever for cookie cutters to make cute sandwich shapes! :) these photos are food for thought--i'm going to try and recreate some!

      Delete
    3. oh it's a great idea! to make a sandwich with shapes! I have a big cookie cutter, and I'll make peanut & Jelly sandwich for snack in a star! Maybe gingerbread dude shape sand too!!

      Delete
  5. Wow! I wish you could pack my lunch every day. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 日本のママ、顔負けのお弁当だね!すごい手が込んでいてかわいい!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ありがとー! がんばるよ!!

      Delete