Thursday, September 25, 2014

Eclipsed Stripe Cardigan Rokin Dress Spacedye Swing Tunic Isabel Dress Needlepoint Garden Dress Painted Plaid Dress Review!

Phew! That was a long title!

Good morning! It's Thursday but my daughter has no school today! YAY

Yesterday I went to my local Anthro to check out some new arrival but most of the items that I wanted to try weren't even there. Boo...

Here are the dresses and a cardigan I tried on. Sorry for the bad photos.. My phone sucks..

Before I start, let me tell you something about me...

I hardly ever buy anything from Anthropologie full price. I would get it if I had income myself (I am a home-staying mom/ housewife? well I live in apt.. hmm) or if I reeeeeeeeeeally really love it. But I love shopping and I always find more and more things I like at the store, so I just wait... and wait... till it's on sale, and buy two or three different pieces instead.. Anthropologie always have beautiful things and I can not quit it. I just have to have everything.. 

My point is.. in this review, I say "I'll get it on sale"  and that means I recommend it. I would buy it full price if I had more $$$ I can spend!! :P






I mostly tried on dresses yesterday but I had to try one cardi that I found in store.





Eclipsed Stripe Cardigan $118
I tried on Navy, size S. I am 5'7" and the length is right. I like the stripe that you can see through. But it was not soft material, more like nylon on my skin.. and yep it says nylon, acrylic online.
I can imagine getting snagged.. I did not like it so much but I like "long cardigan" so I might get this when it's on 2nd cut (if I can find it).


 Next is...



Spacedye Swing Tunic $128
I tried on Moss, S and wow... It was big.. It's a swing dress/tunic? but hmm I think I should size down to XS to have the model look on their site. I like the material and the detail in the back and this will be such a comfy everyday dress. I can see myself wearing it a lot, so I might get more than one color.



Oh and check this out.. I really wanted to try this one!




Needlepoint Garden Dress $188
I tried on 4. Yes I read the review before I went to Anthro. I am normally size 2 (sometimes 0) but everyone says size UP so I grabbed size 4 and I am glad I did.
Size 4 fits me perfect. It was much darker/dull than the website photos in store, and I almost missed it. It's much more... autumn-ish. The material is thick, but not too thick, and well made. Of course, it's $188..  and oh wait... it's washable!!

DING! I am moving this dress to my "MUST HAVE" wishlist. lol
I will have to wait for the sale of course but hmm I will have to get it for $100. It's a beautiful dress and I can imagine wearing it for a loooong time and will be one of my favorite pieces in my closet!


The color on this photo is not quite right.. 


Onto next...



Isabel Dress $128
I tried on S, and fits perfect. I wasn't wowed by website, but I like it. Not love, though. The bow on the side is cute, and very comfy and I can wear this with my daughter and run around with her. And washable, so yeah. Maybe if I pair with gorgeous necklace, this can be a party dress. Hmm.. I started to like this dress more while I am writing this review. lol
I might purchase on the first cut.



Next is....



Rokin Dress $168
I tried on Orange, size 2. It fits TTS but if you are busty, you'll have to size up I think. I have small chest and looked like this.



I like it once I put it on but man... it was hard to put on. lol and zipper is on the side.



I guess it is not THAT hard to put it on, but much harder than other dresses lol
Let me see.. is this washable? ahh.. YUP it is!! But it's not really something I'd wear everyday.. so maybe 2nd cut..


Finally, the last dress I tried on..



Painted Plaid Dress $158
I am wearing size 2, fits TTS but again, if you are busty, you might have to size up.
This was hmm not bad, but not wow. It's still a beautiful dress but I will want some accessory with it. Maybe a scarf, maybe a belt. I personally don't like the model shot. It looks bottom heavy and make her look short. What do you think?
Oh wait.. this is Dry Clean? mehh



Did anyone notice I got a haircut?
I got rid of soooo much hair!! It was just too annoying, and damaged, so chop chop!!


4 comments:

  1. Keiko! You look beautiful! I love your new haircut! Everything looks fantastic on you. I put the spacedye swing tunic in my wishlist. I had no idea that it had that awesome back. Thank you so much for the reviews. They were so helpful!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenni! I have so much hair and it gets super heavy.. so yeah I feel much lighter and brighter! The tunic was very comfy! Next time I'll try XS!

      Delete
  2. I love your hair, so beautiful. It's hot and humid here, so my hair is always pulled up. Very boring. Thank you for all the reviews. I don't have Anthro store in town, so it feels like going to store. I like Needlepoint Garden Dress on you. Very nice. Also, would like to see Spacedye Swing Tunic in XS on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning to go to the store tomorrow!!

      Delete