Friday, May 6, 2016

Anthropologie Dress Review

Yay It's weekend!!!
Wait... I have to go to school tomorrow. It's a special day at school. Boo..


Well, Sunday is Mother's day, and Anthro is offering 20% off everything this weekend!!! 

Code: XOXO


I have kept this review pictures on my phone forever!! It's time!!



Bloomed Eyelet Shirtdress $168 I am wearing size 2, my usual size and it fits perfect!! Love everything about this dress!! I brought it home! Except one thing that I should mention. Buttons are breakable and lots of them were broken/missing. So if you order it online, you might receive one without buttons..

BUT! good news!! I found super similar buttons at Joann for really cheap, and I could fix mine no problem!! <3 <3


Arboreta Jumpsuit $178 $99.95 OH this jumper is soooooooooo cute! I am wearing size S. I could probably size down to XS, but I didn't. I didn't really think about it. I like the length.

I ordered it online since it's white.. I wanted a brand new one in the package.
But what I received was dirty hem, dragged on the floor in store.

I got exchange over online, then I received it.. then it was from other store and dirty hem.. really??

Third time, I finally received brand new in a bag from a wearhouse!! woohooo!!

And guess what. It went on sale to $99.95 this week. Yippie!! Maybe it was meant to be that way..lol
But I almost returned it if they send me another dirty one..  It was really stressful.

Plus getting PA for this one was so annoying. I always send email for PA, and I had to write many times because the CS reply was confusing, and each reply I get, different person, and obviously they don't read whole email even though I attach all the conversation I had with other person.

The second person said I was fully refunded... even though I am talking about the different order. (Every exchange had new order numbers) so, this person obviously just saw the picture of the jumper and looked at my account and assumed it was the one I exchanged.. or whatever.

SOOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING and CONFUSING. If, the first person read my email correctly, nothing like this had happened.

Anyways, it was a stressful purchase...



 It is washable, and it has a zipper in the back!



Botanique Maxi Dress $228 OMG, I loved this dress. I did not purchase it though.. I believe I tried on size 2. TTS.
The reason I didn't purchase was the beads. It is beautiful. BUT not for mommy. I could wear this to some fancy event but not daily.. I am avoiding dresses that I can't wear daily.

So, it was a pass for me.


aaand zipper on the side!!


Butterfly Garden Midi Dress $198  TTS, I think my friend Rachel bought this, but I did not love this on me. Maybe the color, maybe the pattern.. And this is also a fancy one. Not daily maxi... so, pass for me.


Rainforest Silk Dress $188 Oh yeah. This is silk, lightweight and smoooooooooth!! I am wearing S, felt TTS. I would love to buy this on sale, but it may be too delicate to wear with little one. But it's cute... hmm



Oh and it's washable (silk!?) and back is longer than front!


Laced Swing Tank $98 heh this top, I just found in store, and thought it's cute! But remember my rule? I am not buying any tops!!! Wish this was a dress!!



Lilt Swing Dress $118 I am wearing XS on the left, S on the right. I love the blue one, but the flower on the top, had to be connected with the neck orange!! And I think I need S in this. I just ordered it online, hope mine is the right pattern placement! And the black one, this isn't as popular as the other color ways but I actually love this pattern. It's simple but somewhat unique. I hope this will make it to sale, and I will get it!!

Verity Maxi Dress $178 $89.95 This was a score!! I found one in store, tried it on, it fits!! TTS


Rococo Midi Dress $148  I believe I a wearing XS. I tried S the other day, and it felt little bit, so I think it runs a bit large. Especially for people with no boobs.. you can size down. lol

UPDATE: I just received XS today, and the neck was little tight for my liking. So.. I'd keep my usual size S!


Raya Kimono $118 THIIIIIIIS! I think this is the best kimono at Anthro for now. It's not too thin, too thick, pretty pattern, and everything is perfect. YOU MUST BUY IT!! so cute!


Mykonos Jumpsuit $198 $99.95 I bought this right when it went on sale!! It's beautiful <3 The under bust is little tight but it has good space for boobs. So 'd say it runs TTS. I am wearing size 2. I love this!! and it's washable!


Cirque Swing Dress $178 I am wearing XS, I will receive S on Monday. I love this. No more short dress, but this is one exception!! it's linen. Maybe I will take close up picture when I receive size S. :)


Tropica Romper $128 I am wearing size M. I think it runs TTS, since this was a bit big on me. They didn't have S and one review said it runs small,so I ordered M but meh, it's not right.
And after seeing all the pretty dresses right now, I do not have to have this. So, I just moved on.


Caltha Swing Dress $198 I love this dress. It is super pretty. I am wearing size S, TTS for me. BUT.... the beads.. and the fabric... too delicate for a mama.. so.. I had to pass.. wish it was made with different fabric..


Soleil Swing Dress $198 I had super high hope on this one. I am wearing S. I ordered XS too but I didn't even open the bag.
Very disappointed. Neck is too tight and the bow, on the side of neck, would probably come off eventually, sigh.. very sad.. length was just right for 5'7", so if you are smaller than me, you may wanna order petite.





Eyelet Maxi Dress $228 Another meh.. maybe it runs a bit big around bust?? It felt big, and overall looked like Forever21.
I am wearing size S on this. I ordered XS to see if it fits better.. so you will see it soon.


 I tried to take a picture in different lighting..lol sorry it's bathroom.. I guess it can be cute.. but wow the catalog shot.. was super cute.. and the real dress... wasn't as cute.. so.. hmm..


OKAY!! Hope I could help you shop this weekend!!!


Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!!!


My latest OOTD, family brunch last Sunday <3


Belt: J Crew
Purse: Marc Jacobs
Heels: Chie Mihara
Watch: Gucci

8 comments:

  1. Great reviews! I don't know how you decide what to buy because you look terrific in everything.
    I have the same problem with customer service reps not reading my emails carefully and not reading the string of emails so that can follow what's going on. I had to email my bank 3 times before I was able to get someone to properly read my email. I actually wrote, "Please read carefully!" on my 3rd email because no one had done that before. And I guess that did the trick. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote that over and over.. sigh.. just thinking of it gives me sigh.. Shopping must be fun, not stress! lol

      Delete
  2. Happy happy Mother's Day!!!! I hope your hubby and daughter will treat you something special tomorrow! My hubby asked this morning if we will have brunch tomorrow to celebrate, but I said no, since I'd rather save money for Anthro clothes!!! :D Wow, there are so many dresses reviews!!!! I also ordered bloomed eyelet shirtdress. Hm, after reading reviews online, I ordered two of them, but both were bigger sizes than what I normally wear (one size up and another two sizes up). After seeing that you got your regular size, now I am worried. My usual size is out of stock already. Sigh. So hard to shop online. I ordered whole bunch of stuff again in April, and they all ended up going back to store, not to mention that I had to drive two hours to New Orleans to return. The Bryon Lars's dresses were way way way too small in my regular size. Verity Maxi Dress, Mykono jumpsuit and Cirque Swing Dress look amazing on you!!! Great score on Verity Maxi Dress!! Besides Bloomed Eyelet Shirtdress, I ordered couple of pants and lace cloaked tee. I ordered them separately, so yeah, shipping is killing the deal, but I am afraid that they will be out of stock. I wasn't careful enough placing first order, so ended up placing another order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive done that too lol Place one order, than couple minutes later, another order..lol

      About shipping.. I always think "ok, no latte for a while."
      I always order online although I have store close by because I get tired walking around, trying on, in the store. I moved little far from the store than last place, so that, too. But if you place two order within 30 minutes, maybe they could honor shipping fee if you call? You could give it a try :)

      Delete
  3. I placed previous order one day and one night ago, not sure if that qualifies. 😂 Oh well, one less eating out meal will do!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now why didn't you keep the Soleil Swing dress? From what I can see, that one looks stunning on you. I totally agree with your picks except I think the Caltha Swing looks amazing on you. I get the bead thing with kids though. But it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was choking me..lol and the tie, was annoying.. you know, as a mom, you just wanna put it on, and should be good. If I ever have to hold my girl (like if she get hurt and cry), that dress isn't gonna work.. and beads.. will fall off.. so..not for me lol

      Delete